I have a stitchy finish to share with you. I got one of the limited edition kits that Blackbird Designs released in February, Wild Garden. I finished the stitching pretty quickly, in fact, I believe this is the last piece that I placed the initials "RH" on before my marriage. I've been working on the finishing for a couple of weeks, and this weekend I finally got the whole thing done. This is my first time playing with ric rac. The spool I bought was just a little too bubblegum for the pattern, so I tea dyed it to make it a bit more muted. I decided to finish the design into a wall or door hanging, and I think I'm pretty happy with the finished results:
As you can see, I simply pinned the green lace onto the back of the piece. The whole thing is very light, so I don't think there's enough strain on the fabric to create big tears in it, and I thought that it might be nice to be able to detach the lace easily should I find some other piece I like even better, or have a need for the lace in some other project. This was a fun little stitch!
After my last post, I think I put about 20 more stitches in my Giraffe sampler before the business of the weekend caught up with me. And yesterday morning, I picked Soleil back up. I don't have any pictures to show, but I'm cruising along. Hopefully, I will be very close to finished by the time Friday evening rolls around.
It's been quite toasty here in North Carolina, which always makes for an excellent excuse to be lazy, at least as far as outdoor activities are concerned. The cats take the need to be lazy very seriously, of course. Princess took the box:
Poor kitty, he's nowhere near as ninja as he thinks he is! That's all for today. Til next time, stay crafty my friends!