Since the last official update, I have devoted all of my stitching time to Sous le Soleil. I know I have posted some update photos since last month's WIPocalypse post, but I'm going to backtrack just a bit. At last month's post, I was here:
There's still a ton of work left to do on this piece, but I sort of feel like I'm on the home stretch. Maybe I'll have it finished by the time next month's update rolls around! Maybe. Meanwhile, I have pulled out 3 patriotic patterns that I would like to stitch this summer. Naturally, I do not have all the fibers that I need for any of the pieces. I placed an order for the threads about 3 weeks ago. And I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting. Hopefully, I'll get the fibers in time to actually start one by the 4th of July (although I'd rather have them in time to FINISH one by the 4th of July).
The house is now almost entirely unpacked. While sorting through the linens, I came across this:
It's a small piece of Ukranian cutwork that I made about 10 years ago. I took a correspondence course through EGA and then pulled from a selection of motifs to make my own overall design. I was really proud of my finished piece, but I had to put it away shortly after I finished it because I adopted my first cat (or she adopted me), and she considered the little runner to be a great place to take a nap. Now it's on the dining room table and anchored by the two candles. So far, it has stayed cat free. Here's a closer shot of the cut and pulled work.
Sadly, the birds nest that I shared in my last post has almost certainly been invaded by a cowbird. There is one less egg in the nest, and the biggest egg is even more obviously different from the others than it was before. I hate that this happened to the poor finches, but I don't know that there's anything I can do but let nature take its course. Sigh.
And on that rather sad note, I will sign off. Til next time, I hope everyone has a lovely, crafty day.