Yes, I've made two shower albums, and although I have decided to make another mini-album documenting activities from the day before the wedding, I don't have the budget for acquiring the perfect album yet. So, I am taking the plunge and starting on the wedding album itself. There are somewhere around 800 photos to sort through and organize. The mind boggles. I have decided not to try to plan the whole thing out ahead of time, as my head might explode. Instead, I'll take one little bit at a time. So, I started with a simple page showcasing the invitation:
One more page has been finished. I used a ton of Websters Pages for this one, which is about the way I felt waking up the morning of my wedding:
It seems that any time I'm working on an album, I end up with way more photos than I actually use in the album. Some people might be able to choose what they want to scrap ahead of time and order only those pictures, but I just don't seem to be able to work that way. So what do I do with the leftover photos? They are perfectly good images, and it seems crazy to throw them away. But shoving them all together into a large bucket (which is what I had been doing) gets a little nutso too. You can't see any of the pictures, and should I for some reason want one of them, it takes forever to dig through everything. The other day, I found these 200 image albums at AC Moore for only $1 apiece. I grabbed a few, and I think I'll end up going back for a few more. I'm going to stick labels on the sides so I know what's in each one, and hopefully this will make for a more organized photo collection. And look, I found albums with birdcages on the front!
On the stitching front, I have been working a bit on 'Black'd Skie', but I don' t have a photo tonight. I'll have to share later this week. I've also been working on a couple of Halloween ornaments. Photos will go up when I finish them. I have finished gather goodies for my Halloween exchange, and I plan on making a trip to the post office later in the week.
I have started going through my stash looking for supplies to make some of the cute ornaments I've selected from this year's JCS ornament issue. This turned out to be a bit more frustrating than I'd expected it to be. For starters, I found a rather large handful of stitched, but not finished, ornaments. I thought I'd done away with that problem last year, but sadly, I have not! I also got a little frustrated by these two skeins of thread:
Okay, that's enough complaining for one night. I guess I'm blessed that my biggest worry this evening is nonmatching dye lots. So I leave you with miss Spike, who is celebrating the cooler weather by snuggling on our bed now that there is a nice cozy blanket thrown across it.