Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finally scrapped! and a progress photo

Well, so much for lots of travel posts! I scrapbooked for the first time in a couple of months. Yippee! It's nice to have the scrap mojo flowing again. I've started work on my vacation photos. I'm going to make two albums: one for the two days in Italy, and another for the Egypt trip. Here's a layout about the lovely view we had from our hotel room in Rome:

This next layout is half of what will eventually be a two page layout for my pictures at the Colosseum. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to like this half of the layout more than the way the other side is shaping up, so I'm showing it solo here.

I've also been working on my Richmond Sampler. I got this piece as a class at Jeanine's Sampler Gathering in Williamsburg this past February. I haven't touched it since, but I picked it back again over the weekend at the Fall Fling. I've worked on it a little more since I came home. I'm actually pretty pleased with the progress, even if it doesn't look like much:

That border is positively infested with Queen's Stitches. They're pretty, but a total PITA to stitch. Before too long, I'll probably be making Queen's Stitches in my dreams! That's all for today. I tried to check some of my friends' blogs, but blogger isn't letting me look at anyone else's blogs, for some reason. Hope that doesn't last for too long.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Beautiful layouts!Love the embellishments

Tracy said...

Your layouts are beautiful. Your sampler is coming out wonderfully.