Wednesday, July 18, 2012

In the mood to scrap

Hi everybody!  I thought I'd share some of the layouts I've made this week with my blogging buddies.  This week is the biannual Craft and Hobby Association show where all the big scrapbooking companies go to show off their brand new releases for the second half of the year.  Looking at all those beautiful papers and products online has gotten me in the mood to use some of my own massive stash.  No theme to this group of layouts, they're just stuff that I felt like scrapping.

First up, The Lake.  A couple of summers ago, I was able to spend a couple of days out on Lake Waccamaw with some of my RobCo friends.  We had a house directly on the lake, with its own dock.  It was a wonderful, relaxing time away from the stresses of work.  I tried to capture some of that lazy tranquility with this layout:
I also made a layout about a certain rotten little cat that's still scampering around my house:
And then I made a layout using some old photos of me in my little parade costume for my baton twirling group.  These were taken in Mississippi, so I was not very old at all.  I can remember how much I loved marching in parades though.  The cold weather, the anticipation of the start of the march, and the joy of spinning that little baton around and around as we move along.  Good times.
Hmmm, I just realized that I have been on a Basic Grey tear here recently.  That's a good thing.  I own waaay too much Basic Grey product, and I haven't even acquired that much in the past few years!  I need to create a bunch of BG layouts so that I can buy some of their new releases.  They've got some really great stuff coming out later this fall.

Moving on, I also created one 12 x 12 layout showing the ladies who threw/attended my spa party back in March.  I have decided to create an 8x8 album about the entire event, but I wanted one of my usual sized layouts as well.  We had the most fun on the limo ride to the spa and then getting our nails done once we were actually there.
While I'm sharing paper crafting stuff, I thought I'd show you a photo of a banner I made a few years back.  It's been waiting for a cat-safe place to display it, and I think our bonus room had just the place:
Of course, even if they can't reach it, the cats are still interested.  I'm not positive, but I suspect Lucky is thinking about those lovely dangling pearls as he lounges in the window sill here:
Tigger, on the other hand, is too busy looking for embellishments (or rolls of glue dots) to chew to be wasting his time looking at a silly banner:
Sigh.  He even sits outside the bonus room door when it's closed and tries to convince me to let him in there to go play.   Little stinker.

Well that's it for today.  I'll have a stitchy update tomorrow or the next day.  Til then, I hope everyone has a lovely, crafty time!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh fun! I love all your layouts! I just know I'd have tons of stash for scrapbooking if I'd continued with it -- it's amazing the things they come out with! lol about Lucky watching the pearl dangles! And cute Tigger too!

Tammy said...

These are great! Looks like you have been busy. Love that they are all random, fun memories. I have waaaaay too much Basic Grey myself. I need to create a big mini album and make a good dent in it! :)

Elisa K said...

love the simplicity of your layouts... there all fabulous... thanks for sharing

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super layouts!

Penny said...

Wonderful layouts! I think I could become easily addicted to scrapbooking. :) Sounds like Tigger and Lucky are just being average, ordinary cats. :D