Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring Tray


I've spent most of my creative time this past week working on a project for Webster's Pages' monthly challenge. The challenge was to make a piece of spring decor for the home using WP products. I had been wanting to play with one of 7Gypsies' printer trays for a while, and when I found one at my 'local' big box craft store, this challenge came to mind.

I repainted the tray white, fussy cut away, and voila! I also played a little bit with making my own flowers out of some of the WP trims. I love how this one turned out:

My other experiments didn't turn out so well. You can see one of them in the top right corner of the tray. It looks okay, but it's not exactly what I was going for. I had originally planned to have a little straw nest and a bird sitting on the top of the tray, but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to put the tray up against a wall if I did that. Oh well! I think it turned out okay in the end. It's not perfect, but then again, neither am I! Ha ha ha. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: