Saturday, April 17, 2010

Won't be trying this again!

Today has been a nice, relaxing day for me. I cleaned the bathroom (yippee), and I've worked some more on my grandmother's birthday album. I had this really bright idea about stitching on the canvas. After all, I'm a proficient needleworker. How hard can it be to just push the needle between the two layers of canvas so that my stitching only shows on one side of the pages? Ha ha. As little stitching as you see here, it KILLED my fingers. And I was afraid the whole time that I was going to break the needle trying to push it between those stiff, stiff layers. Ah well, live and learn, right? I kind of like the way the bright pink threads look on my canvas, but I doubt I'll be trying it again any time soon!


And here's the page that will be facing my canvas page when I finally finish:

No comments: