Thursday, January 13, 2011

Keeping it simple

I finally had to go back to work today, and it was not pleasant. First, there was the walk to work: across The Wooden Porch of Terror, down the street to the detour around the The Glass Hill, and then walking in the street at The Intersection of Polished Glass. If I thought I could have found a parking space, I would have been MUCH safer driving to work today! And then there was work itself. Lots of chaos and confusion as all the people who didn't have court earlier in the week tried to figure out what to do next, and we coped with a week-long calendar for Admin squashed into two days. Needless to say, I did not get much accomplished other than sitting in a courtroom waiting for my turn.

Anyway, I didn't really seem to accomplish much during the rest of my time at home. Only one layout finished, and it was a very simple one about the courtyard from the Vatican Museum:

I wanted to do more layouts, but the spill I took on the driveway Tuesday left me just sore enough to feel uncomfortable standing at my scrap table. Probably because I didn't try to scrap on Wednesday until AFTER I'd attempted to remove some more of the snow off my back porch. With my dustpan, because I don't own a snow shovel. This year is the first time in 10 years of living in Robeson County that I've actually needed one!

I did make some pretty decent progress on The North Wind. Here's the before picture:

And here's what's finished after 2 days of snowbound stitching:

I came home today with every intention of getting some scrapbooking done this evening. Here's what I accomplished:
1- pulled some papers and began plotting my "Pink Nun" layout;
2- watched a video class and pulled some papers for the "Counterfeit Kit Challenge";
3- admired the newly released Unity Stamps (I only want about $300 worth of them. Dream on, girl);
4- chatted with the gang at Webster's Pages Ning board;
5- admired the newly released (or soon to be released) Webster's Pages lines.

That about covers my scrappy progress for today. And I have nothing to show for it but a credit card in danger of being used too much. I'm going to try to be good, but when the product is soooo pretty, it's really hard.

Maybe tomorrow all those Pink Nun and Counterfeit ideas rolling around in my head will turn into something tangible!

Til then, keep creating, and keep safe!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout- I love that the photos are so big!

Tammy said...

Love your layout! I went to Europe last year - still working on my huge stack of photos. One layout at a time. Hope you are feeling better from your fall. Ugh. Winter is dangerous.....

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

byondbzr said...

Love the layout and the pics are fabulous!

ellen s. said...

awesome! love how you placed the photos
and i hope you feel better

ScrappnBee said...

I so hope that you are feeling better. If you are still in pain in a couple of days, you may need to go see the doc! Dustpan! LOL! You would think some strapping young neighbor kid would shovel you out! (We have the only shovel in our neighborhood, and only because we lived in the Northeast ten years ago and I never threw it away when we moved!) Oh, great Layout and good progress too.. :) Take Care!

my4blessings said...

I've been checking your blog out for a while now and am a fellow scrapper/stitcher! Love your progress pics and your pages.

hilde janbroers said...

I love your layout!!
And the embroidery is awesome! I wish I had that talent as well.
Have a great weekend!

Carolyn NC said...

You guys got way snow than we did this time (Raleigh)...Who'd have believed we'd have gotten the amount we've had in this short beginning to winter?? NW looks great! Hope work gets back to normal and the trek isn't so treacherous!