to finish this ornament!
The design is by Monsterbubbles and it's from the 2007 JCS ornament issue. I stitched it on a Silkweaver linen (I've forgotten the name of the fabric). The ruching is done with some black silk ribbon. I made this piece in honor of my trip to France in 2007. No good excuse for the slow finish...just like stitching more than finishing, I guess.
This next piece is a make-do from Shakespeare's Peddler:
I made it into a pin pillow. I like the way the chenille she provided for the edging looks, but it was a bit of a challenge to attach it to the pillow (for me, anyway). I stuffed the pillow with crushed walnut shells. Not sure I'll be using the shells again, but I am happy with how this one turned out.
I also found some time to work on the Richmond Sampler:
What I did NOT find time to work on is any of my scrapbooking. I'm not really sure why, I mean, I have all these fabulous vacation photos to work with, and I know what I want to do with the first batch, but it just isn't happening. Sigh. Soon, though, I'm sure it will.
It's cold and rainy here today, and I may have to turn the heat on this evening. Right now, I'm sitting in my chair with a warm little Tigger curled up on my toes. Spike is a little jealous, and is giving us her Devil Kitty impression:
Hmmm, maybe I should sleep with one eye open tonight.